Strong Wi-Fi connection is covering the entire property.
The vintage house is a real jewel of the early 20th century, built in 1918. It is registered as a historical monument and was recently renovated.
It is located in the very heart of the downtown area, right next to the Catholic church, across from the Western gate of ancient Serdica, and literally 5 minutes away on foot from the Statue of Sofia and the central "Serdica" metro station that provides direct access to the airport.
The door of this first-floor apartment opens into a large hallway, giving access to:
• a vintage living room with a lovely oriel window and its very own antique rocking chair
• one spacious bedroom with a wardrobe, resting bench and a beautiful century-old hardwood floor
• another cozy bedroom with the added luxury of an en-suite bathroom, complete with a walk-in shower and toilet with a bidet
• a fully-equipped new retro-style kitchen with a dining area and a cozy windowed balcony
• a second common-area bathroom, also featuring a shower space and a toilet with a bidet
Both bedrooms feature:
• super comfortable queen-size beds;
• storage space;
• air conditioner;
• black-out curtains.
The living room provides:
• a big sofa and a vintage rocking chair;
• a 40" TV with 100+ cable channels;
• a laptop friendly work space/desk;
The retro-style kitchen is actually brand new and offers:
• oven with a fan, glass-ceramic stovetop with a ventilation hood, large fridge with a freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, retro-style electric kettle, coffee machine, washing machine and full kitchen supply;
• a dining area for 4;
• access to a private windowed balcony with garden furniture and plants.
Both bathrooms are equipped with walk-in showers that provide ample space. Both toilets feature built-in bidets.
The design of this space intentionally preserved the original beautiful hardwood floors and doors of the apartment, so you would literally be walking on more than 100 years of history. The entire space pays homage to what Sofia was like in the second quarter of the 20th century. The walls are hung with beautiful vintage photos that show what some of the most famous landmarks looked like during that time period (can you find the same landmarks and compare?). The whole place is also decorated with curious, beautiful everyday treasures from my family's past - from century-old china sets through a refurbished rocking chair to a vintage Bakelite phone with a spin dialer (have you ever heard the oddly satisfying sound of such a dialer??). All of those offer an interesting peek into everyday life in the last Kingdom of Bulgaria.
You will have access to the whole apartment.
Interaction with guests
Flat Manager's team is at your disposal during your whole stay. For any questions, feel free to message or contact us on our 24/7 emergency phone line.
Other things to note
• Parking on the streets in the area is paid (blue zone). There is a paid underground parking lot across from the apartment.
• The apartment is supplied with bed linens, towels and hotel cosmetics.
• Baby crib is available upon request - 20EUR/stay.
• Apartment located on the 1st floor - no elevator.